Restaurant Dreams Coming True.

Here is an impressive statistic: David and I have only eaten ONE meal at a restaurant since we arrived here.* That's pretty mindblowing for a couple of food-loving yuppies.

Even our one meal out was pretty tame. It was for Rosh Hashanah, so we had a good excuse. But all we did was go to the Italian restaurant around the corner and SHARE a tortellini dish. I'm not sure that even counts.

Tonight, however, we have a dinner date at The Balmoral Hotel. There's a Michelin-starred restaurant in the stunning hotel on Princes Street, and I don't think I've been more excited about something here since the first time I saw Edinburgh Castle. I'll report back, but I will probably restrain myself from taking photos of the food. We are meeting up with some friends of my parents, and I need to behave like a good girl.

Now, I'm off to put a few ribbons in my hair before meeting David for a pre-dinner cocktail. I'm thinking ... gin. Yes, gin. I'm THAT mature.

*not counting the two baked potatoes we have had from The Baked Potato Shop. Those were snacks, anyway.

0 comments