The Devils Wears Prada Red Shoes



Is that joke in poor taste? My dad's Catholic (or "ex-Catholic," rather), so I suppose I should be a little more reverent.

Here I am at JP2's tomb. I liked him, so that's a genuine pouty lip.
Anyway, this is one of my favorite Elvis songs. I remember sitting next to him eating dinner in the green room, when he was typing up a setlist, and asked what he should play. (Seriously, that happened.) I suggested "Red Shoes," and he added it to the list, which I now have framed in my living room.

We all know now that the Pope wears Prada red shoes. To be fair, maybe he was just buying local.

"I used to be disgusted, but now I tried to be amused." That's pretty much how I feel about the church at the moment. I'm actually pretty stoked about the conclave. Speaking of other pop culture references, it makes me want to re-read Angels and Demons. Excuse me while I google who the camerlengo is...

1 comments

  1. http://www.mediaite.com/tv/the-devil-may-have-worn-prada-but-not-this-pope-cnn-admits-benedicts-red-shoes-are-not-designer/

    The devil may have worn Prada, but this pope didn't. He did, however, buy local.

    ReplyDelete