Fantasies of being in a musical...

Lately, I've been really wanting to be in a musical. I used to do theater. In fact I did a lot when I was a kid. Sometime in high school, I suffered a self-confidence blow when it came to singing (I never had as good a voice as the other people in my choir), and I was relegated to the orchestra pit for the musicals. In fact, I pretty much was the orchestra pit, playing the majority of the score on a fancy Kurzweil.

Clearly, I'm over that now, though I do still adore playing my Kurzweil.

Every night at the wee boy's bathtime, I sing most of the score from The Sound of Music and fantasize about dancing around on stage with seven little Von Trapp children. (Note that my fantasies are about seven children ON STAGE, not in reality.) I've thought about auditioning for some of the local theater stuff, but this little boy's just taken all of my attention. Needy baby!!

Anyway, I know the stage version of TSOM doesn't include "The Lonely Goatherd," but I'm still going to wander around and yodel it the rest of the day. High on a hill ...


0 comments