My visual art career

Some of you may be wondering why I'm spending so much time creating visual art instead of music. The answer is two-fold, but they are tied to the same thing: it's rehabilitation.

After having seven surgeries related to my breast cancer in 2020 & 2021, the nerves & muscles in my right arm were wrecked. I'm ambidextrous, so day-to-day life wasn't affected as much as it could have been.
But music, my friends, is for both arms. I found, when I sat back at the piano to play or compose, that the fingers in my right hand would not behave as they used to. I'd work on a Mozart piece for hours to master a certain trill, and that's something that I could have done previously without effort.
I noticed I had developed a slight tremor and didn't have the control over my fingers that I had prior to my surgeries.
And that's why I turned to art. As a form of physical therapy: drawing lines, angles, curves, allowed me to focus on specific movements and work on my my piano skills away from the piano.
Fortunately for me I am good at drawing, I enjoy it, and I was able to turn it into some form of income, aside from my Patreon. It's also really helped my piano fingers. They are still not what they used to be, but I'm doing my art therapy most days. Healing by creating.
Patron discount info:
I've started selling some prints in an Etsy shop (a shop I originally started so that I could sell some of my mom's jewelry, hence the name "Baubles by Brigid." I have a collection of work I've done over the past year, but right now I've only put up a couple of Kentucky Derby prints.

0 comments