Summer Rules.

Brainsplosion.
My neighbor, who has three perfect children, has "summer rules." I was about to text her to ask for a copy of these rules, and then I thought I'd crowdsource instead. My neuro-atypical self doesn't do well with extreme structure, and I need a lot of options before I find what works for my family. The whole happy-mom-happy-kids thing rings loudly in my head, and, while my kids' happiness is for sure my life goal, I find that if I don't have the ability to WRITE/ART/MUSIC/ALONE TIME even just a LITTLE bit, then I'm a terrible parent.

So.

I gave my kids a couple of weeks of screen time fun, just to enjoy summer.

But I'd like to employ SOME sort of structure. It can't be rigid, or I won't be able to follow it. I was a pretty bossy child, and even my mother always said told me I raised myself. Self-employment was inevitable for me, and it works well. Kids have thrown a wrench in things, and I'd like to see what other people are doing.


  • Do you have a checklist? 
  • Do you have a magnetic chore chart?
  • Do you sign up for one virtual summer camp and then let your kids have free reign the rest of the day?
  • Do you have "must complete X,Y, Z" and then you get "____ minutes of screen time"?


Be specific, friends. I am a very literal person, and I'd love to see what y'all actually do. Feel free to DM or email if you don't want public posts.

Also, Y'ALL, I've started blogging more over at my Patreon: just for Patrons. Consider $1 a month to help an artist who is a good person and gets loads of views and Spotify plays but only makes $189 a year from digital streaming? I give exclusive content and early access and giggles, and it's worth it! You can join anonymously if you're, like, an ex-girlfriend of my husband's who likes to keep tabs and has found yourself actually enjoying my content but you don't want me to know that! Or at least watch this quick video??

0 comments