The Sound of Music Day!

Is everyone excited about The Sound of Music tonight? Does anyone else wish that Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer would just reprise their roles tonight? I admittedly don't know much at all about tonight's live TSOM production, other than it stars Carrie Underwood and some vampire and that it's based on the stage musical, not the movie. That's a good thing, so that we are limited in our comparisons.

Because, I mean, who could ever be better than Julie and Christopher???

Sigh.

I don't hate Carrie Underwood though. That's actually the only season of American Idol that I ever watched, and I remember seeing her singing "I Can't Make You Love Me" at her audition and thinking she was fab. I haven't really followed her country career, other than the one time I was asked to sing "Before He Cheats" at a WEDDING,  of all places. 

I'm going to watch TSOM though ... if I can stay awake. I've been up since 4:56am, so it's highly likely I'll just do what I did when I was small and pretend that the show is over at the (SPOILER ALERT BUT IF THIS IS REALLY A SPOILER, THEN WHY ARE WE FRIENDS???) wedding scene. The whole Nazi thing is such a downer, anyway.


1 comments

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. Fire Place Sounds

    ReplyDelete