Autumn, poetry, life on a TV show

 Happy October! This time of year is always rough for me, despite my love of pumpkin spice lattes and the crunch of leaves under my boots (boots! I get to wear boots!). I try not to get morose about it, but I always think of that John Keats poem "To Autumn." It is beautiful, but in the beauty I think of what will follow. Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, brings times of reflection and pause and wonder and love and fresh school supplies and new promises and family gatherings of love and hope. It is also a time filled with anniversaries of grief for me and many others.

I'm missing my mom something...

to read the full post and see more photos, please pop over to my Patreon page where I am sharing much more. There is a free option, so it's not behind a paywall. (Though, as any artist would, I appreciate your dollar-a-month support as well.)

Also, please read my essay published at Kveller.com about this time of the year.

0 comments