Making a TV show & working from a trailer

 I've posted more on my Patreon page (which has a free tier, and I'm pausing billing most months these days anyway), but I'm spending the next several months on a TV production. Wee Angus has a big role in a Paramount+ show that's filming in Calgary, Canada. We are living up here, enjoying the clean mountain air, and living out of a hotel. If you know me at all, you know that hotel breakfast buffet is one of my favorite things. This isn't *quite* a buffet in Rome, but it's pretty great to have access to every day.

Here's the link to the Deadline article, if you'd like to know more about what my kiddo is up to.


I'm still getting the lay of the land here. Being a solo parent on a film set is no joke. Sometimes he's away from me with the studio teacher having the mandatory three hours a day of tutoring. Most of the time I have to have eyes and ears on him for his safety. I can't say much about the production, but I have been blown away by how much they are protecting and caring for his well-being. Being on a union set makes all the difference. His physical and mental health are their top priority. He's very, very happy. He's learning so much. He's making so many friends, both adult and child. I'm thrilled for him!

I very much miss my 12-year-old and my amazing partner, though. Thankfully we have lots of experience traveling for our own jobs, so it's not as bad as it could be.

About to go finish some accounting and a house portrait for someone back home ... thanks for being here:) I'll be posting more on Patreon because I feel like my subscribers over there deserve some love. Sign up if you like ... it's free.

0 comments