Ohio summer life

Follow Graham!
I've spent my whole life unwittingly gearing up for my newest profession: stage mom.

It's pretty wild, considering my wish-upon-a-star for when my child was born was Business School, child, Business School. Of course, my brilliant baby, who could be anything, has fallen head over heels for acting. And I'm here for the ride, supporting when I can, but sitting back and watching the show most of the time.

If you're a patron, you already know what I'm talking about because I posted Graham's news over there weeks ago :) (If you're not a patron, how's about you pop over right now and become a member? Seriously, it's so cheap, and everyone in the arts has had a HELL of a year. Feel good about yourself: support an artist!)

ANYWAY: this life as a stage mom is kind of fantabulous. It's a lot of work, but I'm also finding it easier to actually have office hours. Because I'm not in charge of the little guy -- you can't bring siblings to a film set -- I've got some down time to sort out my writing. I'm not able to record or even make phone calls (quiet on set, y'all!), but I've had time to. make plans, dream big, sort out some tax prep, make some release plans for my own albums, and research venues and folk clubs for future tours. 

I am hoping that next week I'm actually able to: WRITE.

It still takes many days away from home before my brain feels free enough to write, or at least to write creatively, and that is entirely because parenting is freaking HARD. 

But parenting is also beyond fulfilling, and there is nothing like watching sweet Graham do what he loves, and do it professionally. It gives me a hint of what my parents might have felt seeing me perform ... and now I understand why they came to every single show. Cannot imagine the squeals and wonder they would have experienced if they knew their grandchild was IN THE MOVIES.

Anyway, go check out Graham on his IMDb page if you're curious what he's working on this summer.  It's not something I'm talking about publicly (I thought it was supposed to be secret, but apparently the production company linked his IMDb page so i guess it's public knowledge now...), but it you can also follow along his adventures on his Instagram. 

I recorded a new song that I wrote for a regional commercial ... a preview of it is over on my Patreon page. I'm so close to releasing a full-length album. I'm getting started on re-writing my memoir, in light of my most recent cancer experience. Basically, I'm starting to feel like me again, and I'm so grateful for that. It's been a really, really, really hard few years in Kaelin-land.

Ways to support me!

0 comments