Inspiration and Joy from the most unlikely of places!

Me! Happy!! And
off to a gig last night.
In 2009 I challenged myself to blog everyday. My page views soared to thousands per day, and many more people knew me as a blogger than a musician. I refused to pre-write and schedule, which was ultimately the source of my failure. I mean, sometimes you are just swamped ... and I didn't even have kids then.

I won't put such strict DAILY rules on my blog re-discovery, but I am already feeling energized to write more. That is 100% because of SIX Patreon patrons who have pledged in the past week. 

I only know two of them personally, and I'm not related to any of them. I've seen the page-view stats on my blog before, so I obviously know that people in Australia read it. But having full-on Patrons pledge a few dollars a month to ME is giving me such a sense of validation, renewal, and desire to CREATE. I had NO idea the effect it would have on me, and I wish I'd done it years ago when I first claimed a Patreon page. I've already shared some exclusive content with my six patrons (behind-the-scenes photos of me filming a cooking show with Chef Damaris Phillips!), and I can't wait to create more.

It's a lot more encouraging than the $1.85 I got from Spotify for last quarter.

Now: what comes next?? I'm terrified of winter. These are my first holidays without my parents. We will be doing a neighbor Thanksgiving, which I'm pretty excited about ... the community I'm working on creating over there is blossoming, thanks to several other neighbors who've experienced loss and fear recently.

I'm hoping this blog and new songs and new essays and new books and new photographs and such will be a mental health savior.

I'm working on editing a few photographs (I'll share them with my patrons first!) and then I'm going to write some great blogs on my travels for the past year. All travels have been for work or for funeral, but they have all been fulfulling in their own way. So look for photos from: Scotland, Switzerland, France, the Dominican Republic and Ohio. #oneofthesethingsisnotliketheother

JOY.
LOVE.
HUGS.
ART.

Thank you for the support -- you have no idea just how much it has inspired me.

Enjoy my blog? Here’s how you can show your love:

If you can't be a patron, then maybe just:
Buy me one cuppa tea: www.ko-fi.com/brigidkaelin 

OR these clicks are free, but they seriously help an indie artist:
Follow my instagram: www.instagram.com/BrigidKaelin 
Like me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/brigidkaelin 
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/brigidkaeli

0 comments