Fresh20 Vegetarian review, Meal 3.

Fresh20 Vegetarian meal planning review continued ...

Recap:
Day 1 - Meal prep. Then three of us (2 adults, 1 toddler) enjoyed the Ginger Tofu, Rice and Snap peas. 
Day 2 - Dinner at a restaurant -- not a total failure though because, come on, I have a restaurant problem.
Day 3 - Invited neighbor over to eat Pesto zucchini with beans, broccoli, and roasted potatoes. We each had seconds.

Day 4 - We are only on Meal 3 here, even though it's Thursday. This was the meal I was most skeptcial about: Asian Nachos. I am a nacho fiend, and I'm fiercly loyal to Tex Mex. 
   
In addition to my skepticism, we ended up having a surprise visit from my pal Colleen (The Meal Plannning Queen) and her 5 and 7 year old, AND we were babysitting a 3-year-old for a friend who needed a grownup evening. Colleen was a huge help in preparing the meal, advising me on whether I should substitute egg roll wraps for wonton wraps (your options are limited when you do all your grocery shopping the day after Derby) and whether the nachos should bake a few minutes more. It's much more fun for me to cook with a friend than to cook alone. The four kiddos all entertained each other by gathering every pillow in the house and putting it on the sofabed, while Colleen and I prepared our Asian Nachos.



Asian Nachos were, to my huge surprise, a hit! They were delicious. Crumbled ginger tofu (left over from Meal 1) and various veggies that I had pre-chopped during the meal prep on Monday. It was easy to prepare, and everyone liked it -- even the toddlers, though they didn't clean their plates. 

I have an adorable photo of all of us eating our meal around a dinner table, but I don't want to share it until I have permission from the other kiddos' parents. And it's morning and they are at work right now, so just imagine it instead. It was actually really pleasant -- no meltdowns. We even made up those funny stories where each of us told a line or two of a story, then went around the table adding to the story. It was kind of magical. 

We also had just enough leftovers for a good lunch on Friday, despite having served 2 adults and 4 children.

Two meals to go: Friday night and Saturday night.



1 comments