And the verdict on early shows in Louisville...

I played a 7:00 show back in 2011 that was completely packed, standing-room-only by 6:45, and still my opening band said, "So we're not going to actually start until 7:15 or 7:30, right?" You all know that I'm a stickler for punctuality -- Kaelin is SWISS, after all. Avant l’heure, c’est pas l’heure, après l’heure, c’est plus l’heure -- so you obviously know that show started by 7:01.

Still, lots of people, particularly musicians, told me that my 6:30 start time at last weekend's show at the Great Flood Brewing Company was absurd and that I would not see a full house for such an early show.

Yeah, there were a LOT of you there on Saturday. Thanks!
Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I am a terrible guesser at number of people in a room, but I do know it was standing-room-only before we played the first note.

Musicians of Louisville: there is a market for early shows.

So, yes, thank you for asking: Saturday's show went really well. It was great to play with Steve Cooley and +Dan Canon, both of whom are remarkable musicians and wise people too. It was wonderful to see so many friends out and about. It was even better to have two hours to catch up with friends after the show and STILL be in bed by 11pm.

0 comments