I'm buying a building in Scotland.

St. Stephen's Church
I miss Scotland. I know I'm not supposed to say that. I'm supposed to be excited to be back in America. I'm happy to be close to my family, and I do love Louisville. But I miss looking out my window to a cobblestone street overlooking a winding river, just steps away from the Royal Botanical Gardens and a magnificent view of the Castle. I miss our lovely neighbor, Joan, who had us over for cocktails post-baby and gave us our wee boy's favorite bouncy chair. I miss the local coffeeshop and the friends I made there.

I was browsing Edinburgh real estate today, and I saw this for sale. It's the church that was the center of my favorite neighborhood -- Stockbridge -- and they only want £500k. That's a lot of money, but that's a lot of old stone building, too. Like most of the churches in Edinburgh (at least so it seemed), St. Stephen's Church operated as a community center rather than a religious center.

So who wants to go in on St. Stephen's Church with me?

3 comments

  1. I would totally go halvsies with you just so we could stop the bells from ringing. Not an issue at 15:00, but at 3:00? Argh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm down for that. A whole new bell system. They could just ring for last call.

      Delete
  2. Prices in Ireland are better right now. You can get a country estate for peanuts.

    ReplyDelete