Downsizing.

I think I stayed in this house just long enough to have the ultimate First World Problem: too much stuff. We don't need "Hoarders" to make us feel bad about ourselves. We just need Mandatory Move.

It's weird to think that David and I are doing the opposite of what most newlyweds do. Rather than shining up our brand new KitchenAid Mixer and wearing our Mr & Mrs Aprons (yes, we have them, and yes, we are sickeningly adorable) in our spacious 3 Bedroom house with a picket fence, we ar

e putting all our shiny new pots and pans into storage, renting out that spacious 3-bedroom to some students, and moving to a 1-bedroom apartment roughly 4000 miles away. Though the new apartment will be furnished, it will doubtfully come with the cooking equipment to which I have become accustomed.

I am a spoiled American with a nice kitchen. I am in for some culture shock.

Not that Scotland is some backward country or anything ... I'm sure I'll have a lovely electric tea kettle in my wee galley kitchen.

By this time tomorrow, neither of us will own a car (nor a truck!), and we'll be frantically weighing our suitcases.

0 comments