Writing, sharing, and personal details.

Lately, many of the blogs I read regularly have been a little shy on the output. I know people are busy and most bloggers are writing for free, but I think I get overly excited when there is a new post. Then I start to think about my own blog, and I wonder if folks have been getting bored over here. I've been feeling more than a little stifled, and it shows.

There are all kinds of chaotic things going on in my personal life, including an announcement I can't wait to share with you all (no, I'm not pregnant, though last week, I heard a rumor I was). When a writer writes, s/he shouldn't really be trying hard NOT to say things. My zipped-lips on many a subject have made me a dull blogger, I am afraid.

For that, I apologize. I'm going to get over myself here, and start writing for real again.

What shall I share with you today? Something personal, perhaps. Maybe I'll start with the basics:

I always say my favorite color is purple, but when I go to play croquet/Clue/accordion, I always pick the red playing piece. My favorite song is probably "Rhapsody in Blue," which was the question in Final Jeopardy last night (easy). I auditioned for Teen Jeopardy! when I was 14, but did not make it. I was/am an over-achiever. I played the cello for three years in elementary/middle school, but quit to join chorus. The cello is my favorite instrument. Today, I am terrible at it. I am dreadful at returning phone calls (sorry, friends). My schedule is just not typical office hours, and then I always get nervous when making a call. I would rather sing in front of ten million people than for one of you in my living room. I could live on broccoli, brussels sprouts, and watermelon. Swimming is my favorite exercise because you don't noticed you're sweating.

Speaking of that, I'm off to the pool. In the summers, I teach swim lessons over at Lakeside, and I've got some wee ones awaiting my expertise.

Thanks for reading, friends.

1 comments

  1. I know what you mean...I try to update my blog as much as I can...even though I only have the one follower lol Love you're writing!

    www.vintageglamlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete