Free CD + Free matted travel photo offer!

Me, working with crazy unkempt hair
in a coffeeshop while I pay a babysitter
so I can write and email and book tours
and entertain my micro-fans - i.e. YOU!
I'm feeling quite heavily these days that my time is diminishing. I'm not suicidal, and I'm not sick, but I recognize that my genes are not great. I'm grateful for every blonde hair that pops up in my formerly bright-red. I'm thankful for the liver spots my dermatologist points out and the wrinkles that my kids ask about. The signs of aging are so exciting to me because every little change means I've made it another year. It's also given me an exciting/stressful PUSH to get all the endeavours I've stored in my brain out into the world.

There's the memoir I haven't written -- the one where I tell you crazy stories about abusive exes and ridiculous tours with famous bands and rides home in United Nations motorcades and that time when I had bagels with Walter Cronkite and that other time when Bill Cosby
honked my ass when I leaned over to refill his coffee cup. Or when Martha Stewart threw a suitcase at me. Or when Elvis Costello gave my 7-year-old a guitar pick and some cookies and a pin from Stax records.

I've got documentaries to make. I've got songs to finish. I've got Folk Club tours to plan (Folk Club planners reading this, please email me and just book me for a date!!). I've got books to read and write for my children. I've got hundreds of journals full of half-written songs. I've got a musical or four up my sleeve.

There is SO MUCH I WANT TO DO BEFORE IT'S OVER!

Patreon is my big solution. I'll still blog here, but it's my Patreon community that's going to hear new songs, see live concerts, hear new songs first, read celebrity gossip, and receive the honest heart and soul that I've got to offer. I've already offered a preview of a never-before-heard song, backstage Costello pics, backstage Damaris pics, and have other fun content in the works.

So here's a limited SPECIAL OFFER starting today:

If you sign up at the Red Accordion Readers level or higher by December 30 -- which would have been my dad's 75th birthday -- I'm going to send you a free CD AND a printed, matted beautiful photo of some cool castle or landscape that will look gorgeous in your dining room or bathroom or wherever you might hang original art. Free CD AND FREE art?! #whatadeal 


Patreon as an artistic community is something I wish I'd done years ago. I set up a page in 2013, but never told anyone about it because I was so afraid to ask for patronage. Afraid to ask to be paid for things that I create, that bring joy to the world, whether it's a little blog that brightens your day, an essay that makes you cry, a song that makes you laugh or a piece of sheet music that makes you learn. Or whatever other artistic craziness I'm up to. 

I've blogged for 15 years, and I know I've brought a little joy to you or you wouldn't be here. Consider this my public-radio-type-membership-drive, and I PROUDLY ask you to considering offering even $1/month to be part of my Patreon community. I make good art. I want to make better art. I want to support other artists and share their art with you and with the world. We are better together, and I want to use my platform for good. 


If you can't be a patron (i totally understand!), then clicks are FREE, but they seriously help indie artists:
Follow my instagram: www.instagram.com/BrigidKaelin 
Like me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/brigidkaelin 

0 comments