I'm emceeing a festival!

One of my craziest appearances was when I was maybe 4 months postpartum with my firstborn and did my first public appearance in the United States since he'd been born on a LIVE RADIO program, Kentucky Homefront. I remember being mid-song, playing on zero sleep, feeling that wacky no-sleep high, and thinking who thought it was a good idea to give me a microphone bwahahahahahaha? 


I could sing song lyrics without a second thought, but the chit-chat between? The intro? The talking on live radio? I could barely string words together, and I hadn't spoken to another adult in what felt like a century.

Somehow that is happening again! Except it's not a live radio thing. Instead, some silly people have asked me to emcee an entire festival. Hahahah! The joke's on them!

Come out to the Louisville IrishFest this weekend, and watch me emcee and introduce all the bands, run betwixt stages, and talk into a microphone without having had adult conversation in a looooooong time.

It's like watching a trapeze artist without a net. The tension is the art, people! Come watch me do the art.

Crazy news: the headliner is a band from Scotland that I KNOW BECAUSE I PLAYED IN ANOTHER BAND WITH THE FIDDLE PLAYER WHEN I LIVED IN EDINBURGH AND THEY WERE BOOKED FOR IRISHFEST WITHOUT THE BOOKERS EVEN KNOWING WE KNEW EACH OTHER HOW CRAZY IS THAT?!?


September 24 @ 11am all day & 25 @ noon until 5p at Bellarmine University.


http://louisvilleirishfest.com/

https://www.facebook.com/louisvilleirishfest/ 

PRICES copied from website:


Prices (per day)

Adults

$8

Children (ages 6-12)

$5

Children (Under 6)

FREE

Seniors (65+)

$5

Discount Coupons

$1.00 discount coupons will be available at the following locations:
  • Molly Malone’s (both Locations)
  • O’Shea’s (all Locations)
  • Flanagans
  • Shenanigans
  • O’Connell’s

Organization Discounts

  • Active Military
    FREE admission with ID Card (Immediate family also free)
  • Louisville Zoo Members
    Receive a $1 off discount by showing your Zoo membership card. (This discount applies to all family members.)
  • College Students & Faculty
    Any University/College Student, Faculty, or Staff gets a $1.00 off (must present school I.D.)
  • Current Bellarmine University Students and Faculty 
    FREE admission with valid identification.
  • Dare to Care
    Bring in a canned goods item to donate to Dare to Care Louisville and receive $1.00 off an admission ticket.  (One can per ticket.)

1 comments

  1. I've been reading your blog since just after you moved back to Louisville, at the same time I was going to Edinburgh as a graduate student. Now is finally the moment I have to say "what a small world!?" as I too know Ciaran from his days playing the Captain's Bar and other pubs with Jack Badcock. I am out west in Nevada now, but I can't help thinking that if our time in Edinburgh had overlapped by even a few months, perhaps we'd be friends. Thanks for the bit of unexpected joy, Brigid!

    ReplyDelete