Packing, leaving, aaaah! Plus super fun trailer for our tour by Lady Diana.

AAAAAAH!! I am laid-back in many ways, but I am, as always, having trouble balancing being a parent with getting ready for a business trip. I thought I was doing pretty well, to be honest, but then BAM! Snow Day! And another snow day ... and another ... and suddenly, well, I have a week's worth of work that just did not get done last week. I leave in 48 hours, and I haven't even made a list.

Trying to remember that all I really need is a passport and a credit card. Right? Now my big goal for the week is: keep track of passport and credit card.

All I'm bringing with me is a ukulele and a saw. I decided to check a 26" Stanley, though I generally have a rule about never checking bags, so fingers crossed there. Fingers also crossed that a friend comes through with an accordion for me (my red one ... well, it's a sad story that makes me tear up a bit and I swear I will tell you someday).

Anyway, I have a few things to do. Also, the house is a wreck, and my in-laws will be here in 24 hours. So, yeah, things are a bit crazy over here.

The magical Diana de Cabarrus (or Lady Di, as I call her), however, is keeping it together on the Scotland end of things. She's put together a song for our tour:





The melody + the weather also reminded me of this song that Shannon Lawson and I wrote together a few years ago. It's one of my faves, so I put it on the SoundCloud. xo

0 comments