The Truth About Scotland.

American friends, I have made a shocking discovery. I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to tell you this, but ... the weather is not actually horrid in Scotland. It's like that old tidbit we were told in elementary school -- that Greenland is Icey and Iceland is Greeney (which also isn't true, by the way. I've been to Iceland, and there was plenty of ice.) People have perpetrated such myths to keep out tourists.

My sample size isn't huge, but only once on my various trips to Scotland has the weather been semi-miserable. That was on the Isle of Skye this past ( Castle Day!). If you ask me, the horizontal rain and 100mph winds made for even more perfect photographs and adventure while exploring the Jurassic Island that day, so I thought nothing of it.

There are signs that it has rained in Edinburgh (see rainbow, below), but mostly it's been blue skies and perfect fall weather. It's been gorgeous all week, and I'll leave you with photographic evidence. Unfortunately, I am writing you, not from the Water of Leith Walkway (which I explored yesterday), but from bed. I'm not feeling well today, and have decided (at 4:00pm I've just noticed) to take the rest of the day off of work. Instead, I'm happy to watch the very-few clouds roll past my window leaving the very-blue sky behind, and let you know you should not be afraid of the weather.

Although, my superpower has always been good weather for trips, so maybe you should only come while I'm here.


0 comments