Supportive Friends= Lying friends. In the Kitchen, anyway.

I always thought I was a pretty decent cook. I'm starting to think I just have really supportive friends. This doesn't bode well for my art, either, now that I think of it.

Really though, I've tried two new recipes this week, and they were just awful. I don't blame the recipes though because I didn't follow them to a tee (typical). Who has "mixed spice" lying around the house anyway, unless you live in Britain? My substitution of cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg, was way off in its proportions, and I had to douse my vegetarian haggis in salt to make up for the sweetitude that overwhelmed it.

And let's not even begin to discuss my sad attempt at fresh vegetable soup on Monday.

Someone, please help me ... I swear, I'll really try my best to measure things if you can guide me to a filling spring soup or a vegetarian haggis recipe that tastes like the one they serve at the Baked Potato Shop on Cockburn Street in Edinburgh.

I might just resign myself to baked goods for the rest of my life. I know I'm good at those. At least, um, I always thought I was...

0 comments