Recording studios and the telephone.

I haven't looked at my site statistics in ages, but this morning I noticed that today alone, people in at least eight different countries have looked at my blog. Amazing. This also makes me think I should try to remember my audience more.

A lot of musicians hate performing live. They love their basements and recording studios, and only start to play shows when their records are finally finished.

I'm the opposite. I dread the recording studio. Don't get me wrong, I love doing studio work and playing on other people's records (I'm always for hire!), but recording my own stuff is just not that much fun for me. It means making decisions and laying down definitive versions. It means playing one song -- or even one verse -- at a time.

More than anything, it means there's no audience.

Believe it or not, I'm not as much as an extrovert as I seem. I despise the telephone, and I get anxiety over calling for a pizza. When I go out on the town, I have to make a conscious effort to be outgoing and convince myself that I don't care what people think. But when I'm on stage singing, it's totally different. The crowd makes the show, and even though I'm often blinded by lights and can't see them -- I know they're there.

I think I need to remember that when I'm writing. Or maybe I should just stop with all this blog nonsense and get back into the dreaded recording studio already.

But hello to my readers in France, Denmark, India, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, and Japan. Does anyone in your country still buy CDs? :)

Read the wedding blog at: http://louisvilleky.com/category/weddings/

0 comments