Another secret -- and another website.

Yesterday, I revealed the big secret that, while in Paris, I visited EuroDisney. Well, today I'm going to reveal another big secret. I've purposefully avoided talking about my personal (aka love) life for many reasons, but mostly because my blog just didn't seem like the place to talk about that sort of thing. It's a lot easier for me to sing about certain subjects than for me to talk about them. My blog is scatterbrained enough, but mostly contains funny stories and travelogues -- I wanted (and still want) to keep it that way.

Anyway, when I got back from Paris in November, FWT had built me some cabinets underneath the built-in bookshelves (that he also built). After I galloped over to the cabinets to open them by the beautiful brass fleur-de-lis knobs, I found an even more beautiful emerald and diamond ring inside. Since I think that FWT is pretty much perfect, I didn't hesitate to say, "Yes."

So, yes, I have been sitting on that for over two months now, not purposefully being secretive. We just wanted to share the news with families and friends before they read it in a blog.

Nonetheless, I'm getting backlogged with funny stories and deadlines, and it seems my biggest stress-reliever is: writing. Don't worry, I'm not going to inundate this blog with wedding-related hysteria. It'll remain whatever it is.

Instead, if you're at all interested in reading about the hilariousness that is wedding-planning, then don't fret. We have decided to just be open about the whole thing and blog away our funny stories. It's an amusing process, and we're just getting started. But where, since it clearly doesn't belong on brigidkaelin.com? Add www.LouisvilleKY.com to your bookmarks (or feed or whatnot), and click on "Weddings" to read our specific blog. FWT is also blogging there, which adds some manly insights to this whole process.

If you haven't been to www.LouisvilleKY.com yet, you should. It's Rick Redding's new site, where you can also find general news stories and op-ed columns by a terrific collection of Louisville writers. The "Weddings" section is the fun fluff that FWT and I are adding.

If you're not from Kentucky, you can still read the blog at LouisvilleKY.com, but it's also at this site, which might suit out-of-towners more.

3 comments

  1. Super congratulations!!! You two are adorable. I love marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! That's awesome! I had the feeling there was much more to FWT than him just being a friend with a truck! Is he going to turn into HWT? Or will his moniker be shortened to "H"? Maybe you'll just break out and start typing his name, which I just learned from the wedding blog, but will not give away here. If people want to know, they have to go to the wedding blog and check it out just like everyone else.

    Post lots of stuff on the new blog please my GF and I getting married in May, so I want get all the tips I can.

    Woooohoooooo!
    Troy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both!

    Joy, we seriously considered eloping to Pennsylvania after reading your anniversary blog... the Quakers have it right, being able to officiate your own ceremony.

    Troy, congrats to you ... and likewise on the tips!

    ReplyDelete