Cryin' over material things.

I've got a list in my head of the most important inventions of all time, and the iPod is on it. Some of my other favorites include the printing press, the zipper, and birth control pills.

My iPod broke last week. It fell about two feet from the seat of my car to the street, landed on its head and smiled up at me. It's fallen before and been fine, so I didn't really think anything was wrong. Then I picked it up, turned it on, and the screen had transformed itself into a lava lamp. It still plays music, but not videos. I'm pretty sad about it. I've got an iPhone, but it's only 8G, and I want my entire record collection with me while I'm on the road, along with podcasts of This American Life and 60 Minutes.

So I'm troubled now. I must replace it, but I really don't have the money. Maybe that's what credit cards are for. Should I get the 160G or the 120G? Or should I wait it out for some new version of the iPod to come along? How long can I go without?

I used to hate road trips, and I think it's because I had to deal with the same few tapes or CDs over and over. Now I love being able to choose the perfect song for even a five minute trip down the street.

I never should have bought that stupid water heater last month. Then I could have bought a new MacBook AND an iPod.

0 comments