Pancakes and a new game.

Current mood: jolly
Category: Life
It's only 10 am, and already my abs, back, and cheeks hurt from laughing so much.

I don't sleep at my house very often, and it's not because I'm a loose woman. I'm just out late quite a bit, and sometimes I'm driving my friends' cars when they've had too much to drink, and they all have guest beds that are far more comfortable than mine. Besides, I'm used to touring all the time, so home feels weird to me.

Last night, after a fun show at the Speed Art Museum in Louisville, I went to meet my parents and a few friends for cocktails and dinner. Dinner turned into a late night out, but, luckily, Friend-who-Lives-Near-the-Bar left his door unlocked for me. Sweet!

Previously when I've crashed on the futon here, I've sent him a morning text message (yes, from the next room) asking where my breakfast is. It's all been in jest.

Well, mostly. He doesn't cook. Let me re-phrase that: he didn't used to cook.

He's recently single, and I took it upon myself to teach him Home-Ec things. I took him grocery shopping because he didn't own any olive oil. I taught him how to make various breakfast foods. You see where I'm going with this...

So this morning, about 8am, I stumbled to the kitchen for a glass of water and some Advil when I spied the Bisquick in the pantry. Giggling to myself, I placed the Bisquick and eggs in front of the coffeemaker and crawled back to my futon. I've never been one for subtlety.

But guess what? An hour later, my phone rang. I didn't answer it because it's early. Then I received a text message (yes, from the next room) that said: "Breakfast is served." (Ladies, he's available, and he cooks. Pancakes!)

I now offer you a really fun game to play: While Friend-who-Cooks-Pancakes (new moniker), was on the phone, I went into the next room where I found a bunch of wrapping paper. So I started wrapping random things I found in the room and then gave the pile of gifts to Friend-who-Cooks-Pancakes. It was my way of thanking him for breakfast. For some reason, I found this activity to be the funniest thing ever, which is why my abs, back, and cheeks hurt so much.

Wow, it's good to be so easily amused.

Read more: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=19356498&blogId=469211988#ixzz0tgv2XBKH

0 comments