Brigid does a live whisky tasting on the internets.

i know, i know, i have too many tabs open. #screenshot
Morning, y'all! Who else has been up since 4? I know you're out there. I'm ready for a nap, but I'm also about to head to a meeting. Babysitter is in place, and I'm off to work.

The life of an independent musician is funny. Used to be I could sell thousands of CDs out of my trunk. Or from stage. Or from a brick and mortar record shop. That would pay for the production AND my health insurance. It was pretty great. I played live shows too. The template for earning income as an artist has changed, and I'm trying to roll with it without complaint because, well, I, too, enjoy Spotify. Even if I only make about $30 a year
from them (and I pay for premium, yikes! I wish they'd offer free premium to artists... if they do this and i'm missing out, then someone tell me how to fix it!).

I'm super grateful to have an amazingly supportive partner in life. He's spent 118 nights away from us this year because of work (i wasn't keeping track, but his SPG app tells him as much), but he still jumped online yesterday to officially become a PATRON of mine. He's a goon. A romantic goon, I tell you, but I do appreciate the love and support.

I had a crap day yesterday -- full of frustration and anger and wondering why no good deed goes unpunished and such. I decided to do something I love, which is connect with people while at the same time having a fancy dram of scotch. Because my kids were asleep and I was unable to leave the house (again, solo parentings means you are trapped even after the kids are asleep), I turned to the internet and did an impromptu online tasting party.

If you're not on the Twitter (or if you are, but you missed it!), then here you are and you might get a kick out of it. I first tried to do it on Instagram, but the connection was weak so i had to switch platforms. What's your platform of choice? I'm going to do a weekly tasting party -- but where? Facebook? Instagram? TicToc? (is that really a thing?) Twitter? What's your social site of choice??

FOLLOW THIS LINK TO SEE THE LIVE-VIDEO WHISKY TASTING! It's a special single-malt flown all the way from the Scotch Malt Whisky Society. I liked it.
https://twitter.com/BrigidKaelin/status/1206709710768001024




Enjoy my blog? Please be a patron! Even $1 is magic:

OR these clicks are free, but they seriously help:
Follow my instagram: www.instagram.com/BrigidKaelin 
Like me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/brigidkaelin 
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/brigidkaeli

0 comments