Reflection and my boy's best party trick.

It takes me a while to admit certain things about myself. I didn't realize that I was, um, a country singer until iTunes classified my first record as country. I'd always thought country music was that super twangy and over-produced stuff, and I didn't want to be associated with that crap (even if I secretly like some of it). It turns out that most of the singer-songwriters I grew up listening to are country singers, and I probably should have embraced that a lot sooner.

And now it's occurring to me that I should probably also embrace being a mommy blogger. Country musicians and mommy bloggers still have bad connotations to me. But it's what I sing. And it's what I want to blog about because, well, that's what's going on in my life right now. Write about what you know, right?

Maybe if I'd admitted both of these things sooner, I would be more successful at both.

I promise not to write only about the wee boy and his magnificence, but I'm going to stop hesitating to write about parenting stuff just because it's isolating to my non-parent friends.

By the way, have you seen this yet?



My 15-month-old may not sleep through the night yet, but he knows about 75 words (at last count) and two state capitals (Texas and Kentucky). And he knows what Santa says and where your belly button is. I'm pretty sure I'd prefer a sleepr


0 comments