Great gift idea for new parents.

Have y'all seen this cool website? I know that totally sounds like a spam email, but seriously, this is a good idea: Take Them A Meal.

Some good friends just had a baby, and now all of their friends are joining forces to make sure they have meals delivered to their home for three entire weeks, all coordinated by this website (and one very good friend who set up the account). How amazing is that?

I'm pretty sure we ate toast for the first week after our boy was born.

In thinking about what to make for the new parents, I realize that I don't think I've cooked a proper meal since our wee boy was born. What do people eat, anyway? David and I are masters of one-pot-meal -- a giant vat of soup that we eat for every meal for days until it's gone.

 I mean, what is a side dish?

I think I'm going to use this opportunity to start cooking real meals for myself.

0 comments