Lucid Dreams and my new diet.

I'm sleeping a little more these day. It's still not much because even when G makes it to 5 am, some neighborhood dogs start yapping non-stop right about then. Not sure how I never noticed that before, but I guess that's because I was not usually awake in the five o'clock hour.

I have been taking advantage of one of my superpowers: lucid dreaming.

What is a lucid dream? It's a dream in which you are aware that you are dreaming. I thought everyone did it, but apparently not. I've used it as long as I can remember to do one of two things: magic or travel.

When I was little, I would use my dream-state magical powers to blink and changes the walls of my room or to make lots of puppies appear in my backyard.

These days, I generally travel in my dreams, and most of the time, I travel by flying like Superman. Last night I flew through the streets of Manhattan by magic carpet. It was pretty fab, if I do say so.

Recently -- and I don't know why I never thought of this before -- I've taken to using my lucid dream powers to eat anything I want.

Sure, nursing still burns extra calories, but I've had to give up a lot of foods I love while I'm nursing the wee boy, in particular anything dairy. I've tried sneaking dairy back into my diet lately, but the boy still gets sick when I eat it. (Oddly, he has no problem eating dairy on his own, but when I eat it and he nurses, he pukes. Cheeky boy.) A few nights ago, however, I was dreaming about my dad's macaroni-and-cheese (you would dream about it too if you'd ever tried it). I suddenly became aware that this was a dream, and then I ate an entire casserole of it. I could taste it and everything, and it totally satiated my craving. How's that for a superpower?

Now if only this boy would keep up the 6-hour stretches, I might start having ice cream sundaes every night.

0 comments