The Joy of Connection

Trying to find rainbows everywhere. This one is in Ireland, February 2020.
Last night I played a 30-minute concert for the Kentucky Performing Arts: from my sunroom! After the show, I was a sweaty mess who could not fall asleep, not until well after midnight. Why? I was SO pumped from having played a live show -- with actual, real people watching! Who commented! Who made requests! Who sang along with me! Who cried with me when I couldn't make it through "Souvenirs" without tears. It was such a joy to share feelings and feel connected to the universe in some small way.

You can watch the archived show here.

I wore sequins and brought four instruments and managed to play quite a few songs, including two John Prine tunes and a bunch of originals. It was a great evening. I hope you get a chance to watch the show and smile and little. Let it out. Pour yourself a vodka and ginger ale (John Prine reference) -- or some water in a beautiful glass. Let the love pour out.

Speaking of John Prine -- and I have so many words that I need to save for another blog -- here's a video of me playing one of my favorite John Prine songs.

HUGE thank you to those who tipped last night or joined my Patreon pageThings like that make it easier on me as I try to navigate unemployment claims (so far I don't qualify).

And now ... ugh, how can I play MORE!? I'd love to do a daily livestream concert, but I'm also homeschooling, navigating NTI, still trying to hustle and book future shows and generally stressing myself out.

I was just invited to play a Folk Festival in England next May, so I am working hard on how to make that trip feasible/profitable -- or at least to break even -- by booking enough other gigs over yonder.

Does anyone in England/Scotland/Wales (or nearby?!) run a folk club or house concert or festival? I'd love to come play some music and share some stories with you? And maybe bring Banjo Steve, who could run a banjo workshop or something :) Email me!



Enjoy my blog?? Please please please please please click here!

0 comments