|Interesting fact not listed: I have more freckles than anyone.|
It's typical social anxiety, and I can't really explain it. I don't know the number of audience at which I become comfortable again. But if I don't have the frame of a stage, then simply introducing myself is apparently terrifying these days.
Blame it on mental instability post-baby? I don't know, but all I had to do was say my name, my occupation and "one interesting fact" about myself. I was a mess. My friend had to whisper, "You play the musical saw," in my ear when it was obvious I couldn't think of anything to tell the group. After, of course, I thought of lots of interesting facts. I've had all kinds of interesting things happen to me.
And so, from the safety of my blog, I bring you: ten interesting facts about Brigid. At least I think they are interesting. Some of them sound really braggy. Or at least name-droppy. But I think they are still interesting?
- I learned how to play the musical saw from my college roommate whose brother Guy Forsyth is a famous Texas musician who also plays the saw really, really well.
- When I was 5 years old I was in a national television commercial for a GE microwave. (It's not on YouTube ... yet.)
- I can do a back flip off the 3-meter high dive.
- I started my first career as Andy Cohen's intern in 1998 at CBS, and my first task was to update his Rolodex. I had everyone's phone number.
- I haven't owned a car in five years.
- I can write in cursive backwards quickly and easily and have been able to do since I read a biography of Leonardo da Vinci when I was nine and learned about his 'mirror writing.'
- I'm ambidextrous.
- I've played saw and accordion and sung backing vocals for Elvis Costello three times and in two countries.
- I've had breakfast with Walter Cronkite.
- I had perfect attendance from Kindergarten all the way through 12th grade.