The Importance of Platinum Status. And also, of Togetherness.

Ahh, champagne before take-off!
Here is how spoiled I have become. My husband just found out that he doesn't have to travel for work the rest of the year. I am sad about this because he was only three trips away from platinum status on Delta. I mean, obviously I am happy I get to see David every single day for the rest of the year. But but but...

Seriously, though, platinum status means a huge chance of upgrades. And upgrades for David mean upgrades for companion travelers ... which would be me. So basically I'm mildly bummed about a potential upgrade for a trip sometime next year that isn't even planned yet.

But, people! Have you ever flown first class international? Here's a funny little travelogue from my very first UK tour, when Peter Searcy and I got upgraded on our transatlantic flight.



I swear I'm super super excited to have my husband all to myself the rest of the year though. He's traveled a gazillion days this year, and I always miss him madly (except that first night when I stretch out like a starfish in the bed). Also, apparently on his work trips, he eats sushi every Monday night, so I suppose I can support him in continuing that tradition. Provided, of course, that he gets behind my Monday night tradition of emptying the dishwasher ...

Anyway, if you don't hear from me in a while, it's because I'm snuggled up beside my sweetheart sipping mulled cider and singing Christmas carols.



0 comments