My quest to become Big Brigid.

We always rent our house out and go to Lubbock, Texas, to visit family for the holidays. This year we made a detour and drove directly to Austin, Texas, to visit my BFF and her three-week-old baby (and her husband and her 4-year-old too, of course ... but let's be ). If you read my blog, you know that the new baby is named Brigid -- still mindblowing to me. 


Of course even a new baby couldn't stop us from first rolling into Torchy's Tacos and Kerbey Lane for some of that Kerbey queso (queso blanco with a scoop of guacamole) and delivering lunch to Lyzz and her fam as we took over her brand new house. 

Speaking of gorging on Tex-mex... After some confusion about which Brigid was which (totally new to me!!), someone referred to me as "Big Brigid." Now you may think that as a 36-year-old woman, I would not enjoy being called "Big" anything. You would be wrong.

I have decided to completely embrace the moniker ... In fact, I doubled my taco order at breakfast the next morning and decided to even have a Coke for lunch and M&Ms for snack. It's on, people. I shall enjoy every minute of growing into my new nickname.

Here are some fun photos at a fire station. Auntie Lyzz is actually Lieutenant Lyzz, so the wee boy got to see some pretty cool fire engines during our visit:


0 comments