Royal Baby Fever! Haters are silly.


There are a lot of #RoyalBaby haters out there making noise today. If it's for political reasons, I totally get it. Monarchies are weird, and, as an American, I will never understand them. But then again, nowadays the monarchy isn't much different than Bill Gates or any American who is due to inherit a large corporation or a lot of real estate (and honestly, these people probably have a lot more political power than Queen Elizabeth has ever had).

Royal Baby cam
But a lot of the haters seem to be the same people who complain that the only thing that's ever on the news is awful stuff. Maybe I'm just scarred from my time working in hard news (I took in a live feed from Columbine and have images I will never be able to get out of my head), but it's really nice to see something happy and exciting and with a sense of history getting coverage.

I'm teaching a lot of lessons today, so I won't be able to sit in front of the computer and watch the live feed of the hospital door where Kate & Will are expected to emerge. But I will have the laptop open and my Tweetdeck or something like that set for alerts.

I'd also like to point out that Kate is 9 days "overdue" -- just like I was. And just like the average first-time mom who goes into labour naturally.

Can we make a motion to just change due dates to 41 weeks instead of 40 weeks already?

This week on the blog, I plan on detailing my post-natal care with the British maternity system, in hopes of explaining what kind of care Kate is probably receiving.
Follow this blog on Bloglovin'.

0 comments