Tour update: Nottingham, Norwich, and London Town.

As usual, wifi on the road here in the UK has been tough to find. It's time like these when I really miss my iPhone. I've got it, of course, but it only works on wifi. Sigh, how I love technology.

Quick update to the travelogue. I write you today from St. John's Wood in London Town. How have I not been here before? It's pretty much the nicest place to live in London. If you don't believe me, ask residents Sir Paul McCartney or Sir Richard Branson. I plan on doing that when I head out for a walk to Abbey Road in a bit. Actually, I'm pretty terrible at recognizing celebrities, even though I spent a fun morning with Richard Branson in 1998. (That sounds wrong, I know, but it was back when I worked for The Early Show at CBS, so it was perfectly innocent.)

Enough namedropping. We've had a string of great shows, and I'm a little sad we have a day off today. Our hosts in London have been amazing, and the house concert we played last night was so fun. It was completely acoustic, and the crowd sat politely engaged just a few feet away in the living room (or "lounge" as they say over here). Kirsty sounded beautiful as always, and I offered up court jester antics, as always. It's a nice balance and a good show.

In the past few days, we've spent time in the original medieval Sherwood Forest, Norwich Cathedral, and in the car. I haven't yet been to a castle, but perhaps that's what days off are for. But first, I'm off for the obligatory Abbey Road photo.

Check back when my laptop has fast enough wifi to load photos. Off to the south coast today... some pub that's supposed to be the greatest pub in the world. The Skull & Compass, or Compass & Hat or something. I'll get it right tomorrow. Fingers crossed that there is wifi.

Cheerio!

6 comments

  1. Having lived in the U.K. back in the early 80's (not much has changed there I'm certain) I relate to your tremendous blog and it brings back such brilliant memories for me. Thankfully I found you and keep up the great work!

    I was stationed at RAF Lakenheath and RAF Mildenhall an equal amount of time...the bases being a couple of miles apart in East Anglia. My pub was directly across the street from the back door of my flat on Tithe Ave. It was ''The Kings Head'' off the main road there heading to Mildenhall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brian. If I make it to East Anglia, I'll check up on The King's Head for you -- great name for a pub. It's grand over here, but, yes, the quirks are ever-present. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Thanks much for this -- made my day. looking forward to reading your blog:)

    ReplyDelete