You keep your eggs where???

Everything here is charmingly quirky and deserving of commentary, but today I'm going to focus on eggs.

It was Neil in Cirencester who first taught me that eggs belong in the cupboard, not the refrigerator. I accepted that knowledge with a cocked head, but without actual argument. I even ate eggs that had been stored in his cupboard for days and days, and seemingly survived without damage.

Upon returning to the States, I thought I'd make this little lifestyle change, but it proved impossible. There would be a few hours of leaving them on the counter, considering a new storage place, but eventually I always turned to the icebox.

I bought some eggs at the Market last week, but I cannot succumb to this egg-storage Euro-trend. I tried. Again, I kept them out overnight, but when morning came, it was into the fridge they go. I want to assimilate, but I just can't do it.

0 comments