Adult Book-It .. just in time for Rosh Hashanah

Okay, my reading friends, let's get back to our idea of an Adult Book-It!™ You know, that Pizza Hut sponsored reading initiative of the 1980s that rewarded free personal pan pizzas to kids who read X number of books a month.

My dad was a runaway winner in the Adult Book-It!™ we started back in the spring, but I think it's time to renew our own commitment to reading. I just need to stop comparing myself to ye-who-reads-two-thousand-pages-a-week.

Friday evening is Rosh Hashanah, and it's about to be a new year: 5770. (That's only five more years until a palindrome ... très exciting!) So let's make our Rosh Hashanah Resolution to be to read more.
What are you reading now? What will you read before Yom Kippur? Or Halloween? or Chanukah? Or Christmas?

Fiction? Non-Fiction? Maybe you need to read _New Moon_ before the movie comes out? (Charles.) Or maybe it's time to review _Italian For Dummies_ (Kyle.)? Or maybe I need to finally finish that James Michener tome before I go back to Texas (It turns out _Texas_ isn't the best vacation reading).

Keep track. Maybe we'll have a pizza party.

1 comments

  1. Do we get points for pages read, or just books? Because I've been slogging my way through War & Peace on ebook (so really, I guess I don't know how many pages I've read, only chapters), and while it's actually a pretty good read, it's still only the one book. Since July. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete