The MegaCavern

What's your opinion on the MegaCavern? I really want to go. Not because of the billboards, but because I think it's cool that there is a crazy underground cave that was used for all kinds of things. I hear they once filmed a George Romero zombie movie in a similar Megacavern. I also like doing tourist stuff, especially in my own hometown. (I think it's insane how many New Yorkers I know who have never been to the Empire State Building or the Statue of Liberty.)

Anyway, I was talking about the Megacavern to Kris and Friend-with-a-Truck last week as they were fixing my house. They both laughed at me. Kris said he thinks the tour is just a Jeep Wrangler that tows people around and shows them piles of underground stored file cabinets. He said he'd find his own Jeep Wrangler and blindfold me and then tow me around somewhere and give me a tour. Then we'd all go to the MegaCavern later that day and see which tour I liked better. I think that sounds like a good idea. But I just hope his tour is full of all sorts of interesting facts and stories about the Cold War and Zombies.

Anyone been? Should we all organize a group field trip?

2 comments