The Three Wolves T-Shirt

I keep trying to convince Dennie at the Monkey Wrench that he needs to hire one of those Airbrush Artists to sit up on the rooftop and make t-shirts for people this summer. The rooftop of the Wrench feels like Spring Break, and Spring Break = Airbrushed T-shirt.

Thinking about airbrushed t-shirts made me think of something my good pal Peter Searcy told me about a few weeks ago. At a gig, he said, "Hey, do you know about the Three Wolves t-shirt?" I said, "You mean that tacky t-shirt with three wolves howling at the moon? Like the ones you find at truck stops and the like? I've seen those shirts for years."

Peter then proceeded to tell me the pop culture phenomenon that t-shirt has become. Apparently, you can purchase the T-shirt on Amazon.com, and someone left a joke snarky comment about how the wolf t-shirt gave them special powers:

Pros: Fits my girthy frame, has wolves on it, attracts women
Cons: Only 3 wolves (could probably use a few more on the 'guns'), cannot see wolves when sitting with arms crossed, wolves would have been better if they glowed in the dark.

Since this first comment, many more have been added. It's hilarious. Even funnier, is that the T-shirt has been the #1-seller in apparel on Amazon.com for an absurd length of time.

I'm thinking about ordering six of these T-shirts for the big Peter Searcy Band show this coming Friday at Gerstle's. Tee hee.


1 comments

  1. Ugh, I know those shirts. I would wear one if it had unicorns on it. I love me some unicorns. I can't believe they are a best selling item. With who? Stoners? Grizzled old rocker/biker dudes?

    ReplyDelete