Cardinals and shiny toes.

Mobile blogging today: coming to you live from the pedicure booth at Joseph's Salon & Spa in Louisville, Kentucky. I'm going to Texas on Saturday, and I have this ancient git certificate for an Essential Pedicure that Miss Stacy gave me for my birthday (July, you have plenty of time to plan for this year's gifts).

I know you're supposed to relax and turn off your phone while having someone rub your feet, but I've already enjoyed the blue oil neck massage. Miss Renee just finished the calf rub, and I'm having a grand old time.

There's a guy sitting next to me right now, explaining how he's going to San Diego tomorrow and that's why he's having his toes prepared. I immediately jumped in to talk about Friend-who-cooks-pancakes and his love for pedicures, except that the magazine selection sucks for guys. And actually, it sucks for girls. I read People magazine a few minutes ago and felt horrible that there's a photo of Jennifer Aniston and John Mayer canoodling on their vacation. I'm irritated enough by some of the recent Mobile Uploads on Facebook of me. Poor Jennifer Aniston. I bet she doesn't have a Facebook account. Anyway, I digress.

I was sitting in my chair thinking about NCAA basketball. Yes, I secretly love college basketball and tournament time. My parents took me to Louisville games regularly as a child, and I remember clearly the game where Pervis Ellison hurt his knee. I cried and cried and cried.

Anyway, the Louisville game started at noon and about five minutes ago I really wanted to ask someone the score. But it was this dude and two older women and our pedicure ladies, and I decided to just wait it out.

Then, this other woman who works at the salon comes up and whispers something to Miss Renee. And it sounds like numbers. Then Renee smiles.

"Wait ... is that the score of the U of L game?" I asked. At which point the dude next to me perks up.

"Yup. 53-38, Cardinals are winning."

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice. The rest of the pedicure is now much more relaxing.

Off to the Hard Rock after this!
sound check...


C-A-R-D-S, CARDS!2

0 comments