This week's signature cocktail: The Watermelon Gin Fizz

A couple of months ago, I made a decision to spice up our home life by creating a weekly signature cocktail. I don't get out much anymore, my husband travels a lot for work, and I miss random summer evening get togethers with yummy cocktails and friends. I definitely don't get out to many events that feature signature cocktails -- you know, some delicious drink with a liquor you rarely drink, but that goes down smooth and makes you want a few more. The wedding you went to last weekend may have had a featured drink, described on a chalkboard and served in a mason jar. The difference is that I don't have to buy a new dress or even leave my house: it's Signature Cocktail Summer!

I'm going to bring you a new drink every week.

My genius husband created this week's drink, inspired by July 4th weekend and my favorite food: watermelon.

The Watermelon Gin Fizz

David began with this cocktail as the inspiration, but simplified it and altered it to taste as follows:

Ingredients for pitcher of 4 servings

  • 3.5 cups diced watermelon
  • 8 ounces gin
  • 8 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1 1/2 cups ginger ale

Preparation

  1. Use blender to puree 4 cups watermelon. Strain and divide among 4 mason jars, or whatever makes you feel flashy.
  2. Stir in 2 ounces gin, 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1/2 cup ginger ale. 

Go ahead and Pin it because it's kind of amazing. I'll try to post the weekend's signature cocktail every Thursday, so check back next week. xoxo

Brigid

Share if you like!


0 comments