Brigid show on 2/15 and Snow Ice Cream!

I'm playing a show at the Monkey Wrench in Louisville on February 15. That's a week from Saturday, folks. It'll be stripped down -- like Brigid Kaelin Unplugged™. We've got a few other things in the works, and I'm working on a start time right now. It'll be on the early side because I turn into a pumpkin after 10pm.

On that note, if you are looking for a good date night out without the kids (because date nights WITH the kids aren't that much fun), check out this cool service the JCC is offering on February 15: a Parents' Night Out! How cool is it that it's the SAME NIGHT AS MY SHOW? Wouldn't it be neat to drop off the kids, go have a nice meal at the Monkey Wrench, which has completely redesigned its menu with a fancy new chef, and then hear some great live music at the same venue?

Now. SNOW DAY FUN.
Every day is kind of like a snow day for us because I only teach lessons 3 hours a day. The rest of the time is spent on baby duty. I've gotten a lot of suggestions for what to do when I'm home with the wee boy on a snow day, but they often read like our daily schedule anyway. He has already played with every pot, pan, and kitchen utensil. He likes to help make cookies and soup, which he refers to as "helping onions!" (We chop a lot of onions in this house.) Every pillow and cushion in the house is in the dining room at the moment. We even made snow ice cream yesterday.

Never heard of snow ice cream?!

I hadn't either, but David apparently made it all the time as a child, in those frigid West Texas winters.

Here's our recipe:

1/2 gallon snow ("not yellow or dirty snow," according to David, as if I was actually going to go collect y
ellow or dirty snow...)
1/2 cup sugar
2-3 tsp vanilla
a cup of milk


Mix it all together.

It's pretty good. To me it tastes like those strange milkshakes you could buy in the frozen food section back in the 1980s that you put in the microwave to prepare. Does anyone remember those? David thinks I'm making it up, but he's a few years younger than I am.

0 comments