A bunch of adult toys in my living room for once.

For a couple of hours yesterday morning, my living room was filled with toys -- adult toys. No, not that kind of adult toys, but INSTRUMENTS! No Elmos, no hot wheels, no dolls, no diapers. Just a few guitars, a cello, an accordion, a saw, a piano, and two musicians. It was the best.

I'll be home all day today being Mum, but tomorrow night I'm looking forward to playing some beautiful music with my friend Peter Searcy. You might not know that he is an incredibly gifted cellist. He even put out a great acoustic guitar/cello album long before it was the cool thing to do.

Tomorrow's show is a supper club vibe. We start at 9:00 at the Monkey Wrench on Barret Avenue and will play two sets of mostly piano/cello stuff. There will be some guitar/accordion thrown in there and some saw too, I'm sure. But it'll be a laid-back evening of lots of songs I haven't played in a long, long time. 

1 comments