More oversharing from me.

Yet again, I've overshared in public, and it's gone more viral than almost anything I've done musically. A writer for Insider Louisville (who has her own fab blog here) interviewed me about my experience with the NHS, and I was blatently honest.

It's funny -- and tragic -- how completely shocking my experiences are to most American women. Maternity care like this should be the norm, not the thing you have to fight for and pay for and still don't really get.

Here's the article, or click on the image.

I have so much more to say about this, but truthfully, the last sentence of the article sums it up for me. I just don't understand why more and more people aren't outraged. I don't understand why it seems the people who are the most vehemently against socialized medicine are the ones who would benefit the most. I wish all Americans -- myself included -- could just get over our founding principle, which seems to be: I don't need you; I can do it myself!

How's that for mature?

Anyway, it's my blog, so I can rant and rave and then some.

0 comments