Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Back in the studio.

This picture has nothing to do with the blog,
but isn't it cute?
I wrote a new song! I've got oodles of unrecorded tunes for future albums, but I hadn't actually written anything new in many many months. Maybe longer.

Even more exciting about having written a new tune is that I actually recorded it yesterday -- like for real, in a studio, with an audio engineer and a fancy mic. Said engineer was most excellent, and we recorded two accordion parts, a guitar, and a vocal, in less than thirty minutes. How's that for efficiency?

And I think it's got a home already on a compilation that'll come out next year. Yes, that means you won't hear it for a while, but I'm still happy that it's finished.

It felt good to put pencil to paper, pick to guitar, and hit record. I should do that more often.

Also, it turns out I really like a prompt -- you know, like old school creative writing class prompt, except for songs. Anyone have any new prompts for me? I'm taking requests.

1 comment:

UK Tour dates... almost ready to announce...

I'm currently trying to fill in dates on this United Kingdom tour that I've booked for February. Some of the dates have been really ...