Blogging on no sleep.

Goodness, when I blog on no sleep, I write like a first grader. Rule one of blogging and middle-school journaling: never re-read or you feel like a moron. Must. Follow. Rule. Or maybe I should follow a more professional rule: never publish blogs you haven't edited when you're living on fragmented sleep.

So, yeah, sleep! Every time this wee boy gets into a great little sleep routine, we up and move time zones or houses. Then it's back to square one. The poor guy has stayed in six places in 15 weeks, and we are just ready to move back into our old house in the Highlands -- that's the Highlands of Louisville, regretfully not the Highlands of Scotland.

It's funny. They say babies need and love a routine. I'm pretty sure that he's a go-with-the-flow kind of boy, however, and that, in reality, it's me who needs a routine. I like to know just how much sleep I'm going to get in a night. If I know I'll only be getting four hours all night, that's fine. I can Margaret Thatcher that all day long. But if I get six hours in a row two nights in a row, and the third night I'm back to four ... well, then, I'm a grumpapotamous.

I do have lots to say, though. I want to finish my series of posts on Having a Baby Abroad and share my birth experience (in words, not video, do not fear!) with you. I've got a few other parenthood insights I'm desperate to share. I've also got some completely unrelated-to-baby posts in me. And someday soon, I hope to post something music-related.

Thanks for sticking with me.

Here are some more baby pictures to keep you satisfied...



3 comments

  1. he's looking lovely-your wee boy-shame about your electronica[& davids shoes!]look after yourselves,
    fi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came across your blog, as a fellow American in Scotland having a baby. Look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this! Hope it is going well for you. I have several more blogs in draft, but haven't quite been able to finish them ... all in all it was a really good experience, though, and I must find a way to get back there if we have another one. The maternity system is much more logical in the UK than it is in the US.

      Delete