Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Bedtime and Townes.

Hello, 2013! Last year on New Year's Eve, I was high atop Calton Hill watching fireworks over Edinburgh Castle. This year I was asleep by 8:30.

We had a rough night on December 30, having spent the day on two airplanes and in three time zones. The wee boy's a good traveler, but he doesn't care for a change in bedtime routine.

Anyway, it's January 1, and we are finally back in Louisville for what I hope is an extended length of time. I'm tired of living out of a suitcase, and I can't wait to book a few gigs.

In the mean time, I'm singing a song at ye old Townes Van Zandt Tribute tonight. I'm stoked to have nothing to do with the planning this year, and all I have to do is show up and sing a song. Do you know how much work it was to wrangle 30+ artists and put a show like this together? I love Townes, but I'm so glad someone else has taken over coordinating it.

Anyway, I'm on the Ballroom stage at 8:12 pm. Finished by 8:15pm.

Maybe I'll be asleep by 8:30 again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 Things I'm digging right now.

1. Any book with the word "Paris" in the title. Seriously, it should be its own genre. I'd like to write in that genre. One ...