Surprise visitor and baby belly.

I love surprises, but I normally prefer being the one to plan and execute -- not the receiver (see me in action when I flew home without anyone's knowledge!). Every so often, my friends get together and pull one over on me. Last summer, my college roommate flew in from Austin for my birthday -- just a week before my wedding -- to treat me to a spa day. And, yes, she flew BACK to Louisville less than a week later to be my Matron of Honor.

I got another fantastic surprise one Sunday morning after the baby arrived, when Tyra knocked on my bedroom door . She'd been telling for weeks how bummed she was that should couldn't come visit me and the new baby. I don't know if she's a good liar, or if it's just easy to trick me over text message, but I believed her.

Need a spot of baby belly to brighten your day?
It was perfect timing, as I was deep in the baby blues and really missing my friends. She was only here for a couple of days, but it was enough time to take us out for some great meals, sing bawdy sea shanties to the boy, rub his baby belly, and catch up on Downton Abbey. Come to think of it, she may have actually flown 4000 miles across the ocean for the sole purpose of previewing Season 3...

Surprise! I've come to hold the baby, while you take a nap.

2 comments

  1. I hear the Caldwells really enjoied their visit with you guys! They loved treating you to dinners, a party and cleaning the flat among many other things. Your baby is so adorable and all they have done is show off pictures and stories of what a wonderful time they had. You are so blessed with such wonderful in-laws!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed!! I've got a whole blog (currently sitting in the draft folder) coming devoted to their visit ... so many great memories to share:)

      Delete