Thursday, June 21, 2012

Scotch Malt Whisky Society ... video!

I started this other blog, BourbonGirl.com, when I finally got settled in Scotland. The point was to taste all kinds of delicious whiskies (and whiskeys) and write about them. I made diligent on notes on several, and then I got pregnant. So much for my palette! Even in Europe, where I've seen plenty of pregnant women enjoy a glass of wine, drinking the hard stuff is frowned upon. Sigh.

The moratorium on liquor doesn't mean that I haven't enjoyed plenty of nights out at the Scotch Malt Whisky Society, however. It's a relaxing atmosphere with great food and a fun night out for a group of friends. Plus, with my pregnancy super-smell, I've gotten really good at nosing David's whiskies and calling out toffee, bananas, chalk, and other flavours hidden within the single malts. While I sip on a lemonade and inhale their homemade chips.

Also, one of my superpowers is getting on-camera when I go out somewhere -- not in a paparazzi kind of way, just in a right-place-right-time style. In keeping with that power, lookie what we found on the SMWS Facebook page:

2 comments:

  1. aaahahhahaaaa Happiness Machine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. take me-i love it.
    have you been to the leith one??
    its fab,

    ReplyDelete

Blogging from the chemo lab.

Gooooood Monday morning, y'all! I'm writing from the Norton Cancer Institute where, for the first time in months, I'm able to ac...