Thursday, February 9, 2012

Singing the standards in my living room.

It's a cloudy day in Edinburgh, the first in a while. You don't believe me because the Scots have done a fabulous job of keeping out tourists by telling folks it's always dark and rainy here (it's not). But today feels like, well, like Scotland.

Days like this make me hyper-contemplative. I'm in a second-guessing, journal-writing, ballad-singing type of mood. For the first time in months, I've pulled my keyboard out of its hiding place and given it a little love. I've got a great gig on Valentine's Day, but this morning I've been playing Gershwin and Cole Porter love songs -- the perfect soundtrack to a cloudy February day.

Tonight I'm heading to a rehearsal with the cabaret band I occasionally sing with. We don't have any gigs booked yet, which makes me wonder why we are rehearsing ... but I'm looking forward to singing some old-timey tunes. Today, however, I wish they were more ballad and less dance. But I suppose rehearsals can't be chameleons.

In case you're wondering what kind of mood I'm in:
Like this blog? Click here to follow The Red Accordion Diaries on bloglovin for an easier way to stay updated on posts.

1 comment:

  1. Love this and yes today feels like a proper Scottish day....flying back to the States on Sunday. If I don't see you let's keep in touch and I am sure to be back in edinburgh before y'all depart. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

    ReplyDelete

Kindergarten and Cargo Bikes!

My wee boy started KINDERGARTEN this week! It's great to have him back on a schedule because he loves routine and structure and rules an...