New year, new resolve.

Something rather spectacular happened over the Christmas holidays: I received two donations for my blog via Paypal (handwritten thank you notes to follow). Like, from people who read my blog. Then, what did I do? I took a week off from blogging. How horrible is that?

The winter has been hard on me. It's not very cold in Scotland (no matter how much the natives complain), but the darkness is intense. Even with my SAD lamp and a trip to Italy, I've been fatigued and weary for months. Writing is both my biggest stress relief and the hardest thing in the world to do. That goes for writing a blog or responding to an email. (Sorry, I know I owe you a response. I've been thinking of you and harboring more guilt than you know.)

If I'm going to accept these generous donations guiltlessly, I need to find a balance between collecting stories and writing about them. It's the same with anything that's good for you. Discipline is required.

I've got loads of stories, not-so-deep thoughts, and photos to share. And I shall share them this week.

Look forward to: a cooking lesson from a lovely Scottish woman who taught me to make a traditional Scottish pudding recipe, a day-trip to St. Andrews, several evenings at the Scotch Malt Whisky Society, deep thoughts on spending 24 hours a day with your husband for five weeks in a row (we are still gooey in love, ladies, so don't get any ideas!), and maybe even some music here and there.

New year, new resolve.

Like this blog? Click here to follow The Red Accordion Diaries on bloglovin for an easier way to stay updated on posts.

0 comments